Jon Endres, PE

Default Turkey Fryer

"Aria" > wrote in message
news:FNOtb.20254$Q64.7581@fed1read03...
> My husband is intent on buying a turkey fryer. It sounds rather gross to

me
> to fry one but have heard that they are delicious. Wouldn't it add a ton
> more calories to the turkey? Would the skin turn out crispy like cooking
> chicken in a fryer? I am having trouble imagining what it would be like.
> Anyone have preferences between smoked and fried turkey???

Tried one once, it is very good. Not greasy if cooked properly. Yes it
will be crispy just like fried chicken.

Oddly enough, I prefer either fried or normally roasted (not smoked) bird.
I smoked mine last year in my Kamado, and while others loved it, I wasn't
too thrilled with the taste. It was cooked perfectly, juicy and tender, but
the smoke flavor was just "off".

Jon