Reg

Default Turkey Fryer

BOB wrote:

> Reg typed:

>>I'll take a properly smoked turkey any day. Deep frying is trendy and
>>overrated IMO. That said, I'll be frying one this Thanksgiving. Not because
>>it creates some sort of unique taste sensation, but because the oven where
>>I'm cooking will be used for other things that day.

> Where is your smoker, Reg?

The smoker will stay at home, and I'll be cooking at someone else'e
house... for a group that doesn't favor smoked foods. I know, I don't
get it either.

> In My not so Humble Opinion, smoked is much better.

No question about it. IMO most people who think fried turkey is superior
think so only because they've only had dried, overcooked, or otherwise
poorly prepared turkey.