Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best spice? Was: Best Online Spice Shop

On Sat 11 Oct 2008 10:21:29a, Janet Bostwick told us...

> JonquilJan wrote:
>> Cinnamon.
>>
>> JonquilJan
>>

> I don't think so. . .grossly overused in any recipe calling for it.
> Janet

Yes, often that is the case, but used in appropriate amounts I find no
substitute as part of a blend of spice flavors in some desserts. I
wouldn't make apple pie without about a 1/4 teaspoon, and more for pumpkin
pie or pumpkin cake or bread, along with nutmeg and ginger, also in
gingerbread.

I think many people use far too much of many spices and herbs. IMHO, they
are meant to enhance, not dominate.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 10(X)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)