Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog Anders Tørneskog is offline

Default White wine...TCA

"IanH" > skrev i melding
..

> Anders, I'm sorry. You're perfectly right that my original post could
> have been misread. Sorry about that again.

It was actually my error.... You wrote: If like me you think the idea of
chaptalising sweet wines is a nonsense, then go for a Saussignac, or
else buy Sauternes from members of Sapros.

The key is 'like me' - that indicated a recommendation to go for Saussignac
or Sapros Sauternes - without that the sentence must be understood the way I
initially did.
And, yes, I agree about chaptalisation - but I remember well German wines of
the cooler years in the past that were made drinkable with some extra
help.... QbA at that time was usually chaptalised I think.
Anders