Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Addictive Ham?

On Sep 16, 12:41 pm, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> (Univeros) :in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> > so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> > slices each in two days.
> > Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> > certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

> Well, I'm like that with certain foods sometimes. I don't have any common
> sense though. I'll usually eat it all and then be tired of it for a long,
> long time. Too much of a good thing ya' know...
>
> Michael
>
> --
> "Their [the waiters'] eyes sparkled and their pencils flew as she proceeded
> to eviscerate my wallet - pate, Whitstable oysters, a sole, filet mignon,
> and a favorite salad of the Nizam of Hyderabad made of shredded five-pound
> notes."
> ~S. J. Perelman, The Rising Gorge (1961)
>
> Find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

That's the way I am, MD3 - right now, I have to have a chocolate
pinwheel cookie at lunch. This will probably last another couple
weeks or so. For a while, I was craving those peanut butter/cheese
cracker sandwich thingies. Before that, it was Cheetos or Fritos.
Last year, I was making weekly trips down the road to get fresh
roasted sirloin to make French dip sandwiches. LOL. No common sense,
whatsoever.

N.