Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Addictive Ham?

Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
slices each in two days.
Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:10:49 -0500, Univeros wrote:

> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or so
> im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so slices
> each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

Pregnant?
--
Groet, salut, Wim.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Univeros) wrote:
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

Are you suffering withdrawal... boisterous oinks and grunts?

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1948452

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 10:10*am, (Univeros)
wrote:
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

Not addicted. Obsessive/Compulsive probably.

Lynn in Fargo
The doctor is in - 5 cents please
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Univeros" > wrote in message

> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

A couple of years ago, I was on the "Gummy Bear Diet".

It passed.

Van

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Univeros" > wrote in message
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

My diagnosis is, you just like ham.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Van" > wrote in message

> A couple of years ago, I was on the "Gummy Bear Diet".

Aughghgh! What is it about these things? I get a bag in my hand and I look
like a hamster in a minute.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 12:41 pm, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> (Univeros) :in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> > so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> > slices each in two days.
> > Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> > certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

> Well, I'm like that with certain foods sometimes. I don't have any common
> sense though. I'll usually eat it all and then be tired of it for a long,
> long time. Too much of a good thing ya' know...
>
> Michael
>
> --
> "Their [the waiters'] eyes sparkled and their pencils flew as she proceeded
> to eviscerate my wallet - pate, Whitstable oysters, a sole, filet mignon,
> and a favorite salad of the Nizam of Hyderabad made of shredded five-pound
> notes."
> ~S. J. Perelman, The Rising Gorge (1961)
>
> Find me at: - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

That's the way I am, MD3 - right now, I have to have a chocolate
pinwheel cookie at lunch. This will probably last another couple
weeks or so. For a while, I was craving those peanut butter/cheese
cracker sandwich thingies. Before that, it was Cheetos or Fritos.
Last year, I was making weekly trips down the road to get fresh
roasted sirloin to make French dip sandwiches. LOL. No common sense,
whatsoever.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Univeros" > wrote in message
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

You have an addictive personality. IOW, you are a crackhead. Good thing
ham is cheaper than crack.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Van" > wrote in message
>>

>> A couple of years ago, I was on the "Gummy Bear Diet".
>>

> Aughghgh! What is it about these things? I get a bag in my hand and I look
> like a hamster in a minute.

You're obviously an idiot.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
om...

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Van" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> A couple of years ago, I was on the "Gummy Bear Diet".
>>>

>> Aughghgh! What is it about these things? I get a bag in my hand and I
>> look like a hamster in a minute.
>>

> You're obviously an idiot.

Yeah, I really wish I were as smart and successful as you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "TFM®" > wrote in message
> om...

>>> Aughghgh! What is it about these things? I get a bag in my hand and I
>>> look like a hamster in a minute.
>>>

>> You're obviously an idiot.
>>

> Yeah, I really wish I were as smart and successful as you are.

You *are* as successful as I. Now if you were only smarter than a
hamster...

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 6:24�pm, TFM� > wrote:
> "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>
> > (Univeros)
> :in rec.food.cooking

> >> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> >> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> >> slices each in two days.
> >> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> >> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

> > Well, I'm like that with certain foods sometimes. �I don't have any common
> > sense though. �I'll usually eat it all and then be tired of it for a long,
> > long time. �Too much of a good thing ya' know...

> > Michael

> They call it "foundering" in the south. �I don't know what they call it
> elsewhere as my passport isn't valid. <G>
>
> TFM�

LIAR... how can you have a passport... you don't even have working
papers.

Ahahahahahaha. . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 6:20�pm, TFM� > wrote:
> "Univeros" > wrote in message

> > Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> > so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> > slices each in two days.
> > Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> > certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

> You have an addictive personality. �IOW, you are a crackhead. �Good thing
> ham is cheaper than crack.
>
> TFM�

On your income "crack" is all you can afford. badabing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > (Univeros) wrote:
> > Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30

min or
> > so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or

so
> > slices each in two days.
> > Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we

want a
> > certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...
> >

> Sheldon wrote:
>

> Are you suffering withdrawal... boisterous oinks and grunts?
>
> http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1948452

hahah, i am now after all the ha.... oink oink!!!, no i stopped, saw i
was getting fat, and fast....
my question was simple though, is it just in the mind, the addiction,
or is there something in say this ham, or gummy bears that is
actually addictive, like caffeine in coffee, nicotine, alcohol,
etc???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Univeros wrote:
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min or
> so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
> slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we want a
> certain food, if we dont get it after a while it passes...

I ate Spanish ham for the first time last year when we went to Spain. I
missed it when we got home, but finally got over the craving. And now
you've got it stirred up again.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vl007m&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nqr6vm&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=345hkrn&s=4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Univeros wrote:
> Just bought this Spanish Lacon ham. Since i tried it, every 30 min

or so im a t the fridge eating more. Ate two whole packets, 10 or so
slices each in two days.
> Question is, is it addictive or is it just in the mind, when we

want a certain food, if we dont get it after a while it
passes...

I also have that, get a taste for some food, and
then just eat the hell out of it until im sick, and then dont touch
it for a while. Never heard of Lacon ham, im crazy about bacon
though, thats bad, as its cholesterol hell there....