Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default Pairing Question

I've been out of pocket for the last week with rotator cuff surgery
done last Friday so we're doing a belated end of summer get together
this weekend. One of the early courses is a tomato and watermelon
salad-heirloom tomato, watermelon, red onion, english cucumber, a bit
of fresh herbs and a pinch of cayenne all in a light red wine vinegar
and olive oil dressing...just a touch of sugar. I've tried this salad
with a number of wines and haven't found a good match yet. I'm
considering a domestic Rose, perhaps a grenache based wine or a rose
sparkler. Any thoughts?