Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Approximately how many ounces of canned beets equals three medium-sized beets?

Chris Tsao > wrote:

> Since they don't sell beets in my neighborhood, I got the idea to buy
> canned beets for my borscht tomorrow. So I am hoping someone in here
> can tell me how many ounces of beets from a can should I use for a
> borscht recipe which calls for three medium beets.

Whatever borscht means to you, I'd say... just eyeball it. The exact
amount is not critical. Do use the pickling liquid, which to some
extent will replace beet kvas, which is probably unavailable to you.

Victor