Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay Michael Pronay is offline

Default Two Gr�ner Veltliners revisited

DaleW > wrote:

> I must say it is refreshing for a wine professional to be clear
> that his/her sensory threshold might be high for something.

I never had a problem admitting this. I guess just about everyone
has a different nose/palate profile. For me, I have high tresholds
for sulphur and brett*), average or slightly below to TCA, and
quite a low one for oxidation. In the latter case, on a tasting
panel, usually I am the watchdog.

*) A collegue of mine recently cited a paper that only 1 out of 8
persons are precisely able to identify brett. So being among the
87.5 percent who cannot doesn't worry me at all!

M.