Posted to alt.food.diabetic
starrin starrin is offline

Default Effect of cup of coffee on FBG

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:44:31 -0500, "Art Lindquist"
> wrote:

>"starrin" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I did some research on this and I get long term studies of the overall
>> effect of coffee on Blood Sugar, but that is not what I am looking
>> for. And what little I've found may indicate it is an individual
>> thing. So the answer may be do a before and after test and see.
>> Sue likes to dawdle over a Roy-provided cuppa joe in bed in the
>> morning while watching the news, etc. Has anyone found that this
>> affects B.S. and in which direction?
>> TIA
>> Roy

>Found this today, think perhaps there's something to it.
>
> http://blog.nutritiondata.com/ndblog...-and-diab.html

Thank you for that. Have worked a "pre-coffee" and "2-hr post-coffee"
test into Sunday's schedule as that is the day she really dawdles.
We're sort of trying to find out if that cup of coffee screws up her
pre-breakfast (and/or fasting) test results, since she will have had
no other food, if we are to consider coffee a food, for test purposes.
She drinks it raw - no cream, sugar.
Sue and Roy