Michael

Default Difference between Weber Q and Q from as seen on TV?

"Me" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was

3am!)
> I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
> The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
> time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
> looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if

> can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
> website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords

of
> All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

The Weber Q is probably more than you need. The ASOT is not very
impressive, IMHO. I saw a few people using both at the Panther's game a few
weeks ago (well, in the parking lot anyway) and the ones using the Weber
seemed much less stressed than the ones using the ASOT. Could be the ones
with the Weber are more serious and perhaps better cooks but just a guess.
I have over ten Webers and only one of them has plastic handles so guess
which one I would recommend.

Actually the Weber Q is a two person carry so let me suggest you look at
this Weber I have linked to below. I have both the gas and charcoal model.
Both work very well but I use the gas one for heating up veggies or bread.
Charcoal is for meat. I call it the brief case model. You can carry the
charcoal inside it to the tailgate and it is cold to touch in about twenty
or thirty minutes after you shut it up or in five minutes if you can dump
the coals. Remember Smokey Bear doesn't like forest fires so dump
responsibly.

Charcoal (the legs fold to hold the top on)

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/f...x?g=121020&t=p

Gas

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/f...spx?g=1520&t=p