Me

Default Difference between Weber Q and Q from as seen on TV?

Hi there,

I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was 3am!)
I forgot about it by morning.

I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
time.

I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if I
can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.

I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords of
All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :

1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
2) Is it any good?
3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
4) Is there another compact one I should go for?

Thanks in advance,

Jack-Curry

Me wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it
> was 3am!) I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's
> Health. The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the
> infomercial at the time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool.
> I looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of
> season if I can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill.
> I went to the website and found out it wasn't the one on the
> infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh
> Lords of All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

If you really want to cook barbecue (barbecue is a method for creating food,
not a cooker), neither one of these things will do it anywhere near
properly. Go to http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/default.asp and read about how
to barbecue. If you want a grill to cook steaks and hot dogs that can
double as a very decent smoker/barbecue cooker, look at a Brinkmann (ecb =
el cheapo Brinkmann) or for an excellent but relatively inexpensive unit, a
Weber Smokey Mountain.
Jack Curry

bbq

Me wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was 3am!)
> I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
> The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
> time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
> looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if I
> can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
> website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords of
> All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Suggest you go here for a FAQ.

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

It is good reading. Determine if you want to cook with propane or
coals/briquettes/wood.

The ASOT one, never heard of it. The Weber, my experience with Weber
products is nothing short of great. I do not know much of this model
specifically, but would guess it is a great product.

The draw back on the portable propane grills is the small cylinder of
propane. I think they are good for about 90 minutes or so. I don't own a
propane grill, but I understand buying propane in these small cylinders
gets expensive.

Just cause you do not have wife/kids now does not mean you can't have a
larger unit. The size of the unit is more dependent on what your
current living arrangements are (apartment, house, condo).

If your a camper and that is what you want the grill for, than yes, a
portable may be the answer.

Bottom line, hang around here for awhile, read the FAQ and learn the
different ways of outdoor cooking.

Many Q'ers have both a smoker and a grill. Learn more about what you
want and can have.

If it is a Weber product you decide on, go for it. Don't wait for a
sale. They don't happen often.

BBQ

Michael

"Me" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was

3am!)
> I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
> The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
> time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
> looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if

> can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
> website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords

of
> All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

The Weber Q is probably more than you need. The ASOT is not very
impressive, IMHO. I saw a few people using both at the Panther's game a few
weeks ago (well, in the parking lot anyway) and the ones using the Weber
seemed much less stressed than the ones using the ASOT. Could be the ones
with the Weber are more serious and perhaps better cooks but just a guess.
I have over ten Webers and only one of them has plastic handles so guess
which one I would recommend.

Actually the Weber Q is a two person carry so let me suggest you look at
this Weber I have linked to below. I have both the gas and charcoal model.
Both work very well but I use the gas one for heating up veggies or bread.
Charcoal is for meat. I call it the brief case model. You can carry the
charcoal inside it to the tailgate and it is cold to touch in about twenty
or thirty minutes after you shut it up or in five minutes if you can dump
the coals. Remember Smokey Bear doesn't like forest fires so dump
responsibly.

Charcoal (the legs fold to hold the top on)

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/f...x?g=121020&t=p

Gas

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/f...spx?g=1520&t=p

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:20:47 GMT, bbq > wrote:

>The draw back on the portable propane grills is the small cylinder of
>propane. I think they are good for about 90 minutes or so. I don't own a
>propane grill, but I understand buying propane in these small cylinders
>gets expensive.

Buy a bigger tank. I have one I use with propane grills while camping.
Don't know what it holds, but it's a short, squatty cousin to the
5-gallon tanks you see on most full-size gas grills, maybe about 1/3
as tall but as big around. I've been using it sporadically for many
summers now and haven't refilled it yet.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

jdoe

Most ASOT stuff is junky anyway. My bro fell for some knives and thinks
they're the cat's pajamas (even bought a second set for mom. I tried them
it's like cutting stuff with a hacksaw. Give me good carbon steel blades
anytime. HOnes and ready to cut. I don't mind cleaning and oiling them. Back
to the Q. I haven't used the Weber Q but have seen it and it's a well
thought out and made product. If you'd like a nice propane portable I
don'tthink you could go wrong there. If you want a charcoal weber has at
least 3 portables.
Larry
"Me" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was

3am!)
> I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
> The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
> time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
> looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if

> can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
> website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords

of
> All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Mr Hampton

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:20:47 GMT, bbq > wrote:

>If it is a Weber product you decide on, go for it. Don't wait for a
>sale. They don't happen often.

I just saw a sale on Weber grills at the new Home Depot on 635 in
Irving TX. Weber Genesis Silver B was marked down 50 bucks to $399.
The Silver A was $349. Home Depot also has 10% coupons floating
around.

Steve Calvin

Mr Hampton wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:20:47 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>

>>If it is a Weber product you decide on, go for it. Don't wait for a
>>sale. They don't happen often.

> I just saw a sale on Weber grills at the new Home Depot on 635 in
> Irving TX. Weber Genesis Silver B was marked down 50 bucks to $399.
> The Silver A was $349. Home Depot also has 10% coupons floating
> around.

I've never seen anything Weber marked down in our area.

--
Steve

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

Me

I broke down and got the Weber Q. I love the thing! I've had waaaaaayyyy
too much steak these last couple of weeks. At 1/4 the cost of getting
one like it at the restaurant. I'm a happy person. I purchased the cart
that goes with it, an adapter hose, and a 20lb tank(it normally uses those
small Coleman tanks). The cart is great!

The tank and adapter hose is another story. For starters even when I first
got the thing, the grill never seemed to get as hot as with a Coleman tank.
It doesn't seem to be spitting out as much propane. Lately it seems to
randomly not want to start. I've checked the tank. It feels at least 1/4
full(I've only had it for about a month). The adapter appears to have a
tight fit.

I've turned on the gas slowly(apparently there's a valve that detects if
there's too much going out at once. It just spits out gas for a couple of
seconds and then shuts off.

The tank is part of one of those exchange programs (I think the company is
called PNE).

When I take off the adapter hose and replace it with a Coleman tank the
thing works like a charm.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance,

"Me" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it was

3am!)
> I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's Health.
> The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the infomercial at the
> time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool. I
> looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of season if

> can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill. I went to the
> website and found out it wasn't the one on the infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh Lords

of
> All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Danielle

The Q BBQ is manufactured by Thane, a famous infomercial product
company. The product is really great, and compact. You can buy it at
www.youcansave.com/qgrill.asp