Jack-Curry

Default Difference between Weber Q and Q from as seen on TV?

Me wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was up waaayyy too late one night and I saw an infomercial for this
> barbecue called 'Q'. I thought, hey! I could use one of those (it
> was 3am!) I forgot about it by morning.
>
> I then saw a review of tailgate BBQs in the October issue of Men's
> Health. The Weber Q got top honours. I didn't think about the
> infomercial at the time.
>
> I don't have a family(just a gf) so something portable would be cool.
> I looked up some BBQs on the Internet(trying to buy one at end of
> season if I can ). And I found a reference to the Weber Q grill.
> I went to the website and found out it wasn't the one on the
> infomercial.
>
> I'm somewhat of a newbie in the BBQ area so here's my questions oh
> Lords of All Things Smoked and Tasty(tm) :
>
> 1) Who makes the ASOT 'Q' grill
> http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?afid=281
> 2) Is it any good?
> 3) Am I better off getting the Weber Q grill?
> http://www.weberstuff.com/weqpogasgr.html
> 4) Is there another compact one I should go for?
>
> Thanks in advance,

If you really want to cook barbecue (barbecue is a method for creating food,
not a cooker), neither one of these things will do it anywhere near
properly. Go to http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/default.asp and read about how
to barbecue. If you want a grill to cook steaks and hot dogs that can
double as a very decent smoker/barbecue cooker, look at a Brinkmann (ecb =
el cheapo Brinkmann) or for an excellent but relatively inexpensive unit, a
Weber Smokey Mountain.
Jack Curry