Posted to rec.food.chocolate
Walt Lewis Walt Lewis is offline

Default Chocolate makers vs. chocolatiers (commercial)

I've run into that situation with my business, Chiammaya Custom
Crafted Chocolate.

After visiting Oaxaca Mexico on vacation several years ago I saw
chocolate being made in it's original form; stone ground , minimally
processed and delicious.

I decided I should bring this back to the USA. My plan was to locate
small kiosks in up scale grocery stores and make fresh chocolate for
the customers on a demand basis.

When I called on prospective sites and told them I make chocolate the
assumed I made chocolateS. No I had to explain, I grind cacao, sugar,
cinnamon and almonds in the Mexican tradition to make chocolate, good
for hot chocolate, baking, deserts etc. Though it CAN be eaten as a
candy bar it will surprise most because of its rustic texture.

You can see it being made on my web site http://www.chiammaya.com

or, if you are in the Huntington WV area, give me a call and I'll
invite you over to make some chocolate just for you.

I do have a setup that will allow me to take this on the road, and do
attend select fairs, festivals and events, I AM very selective.

Hope that helps,

Walt
Chiammaya