Posted to alt.food.diabetic
jacquie[_2_] jacquie[_2_] is offline

Default Help with meatballs

My freezer is new enough that it doesn't use as much energy as the old ones
did. My Dad used to buy a calf every year and would put it on a friends
land, until it was about a year old, then he would have it barned and fed
corn for like a month or two, have it butchered and freezer wrapped. We
didn't have a freezer, but we had an old fridge ,that he turned into a
freezer, our meat was great. I think it depends on the butcher. The one we
had followed my Mothers directions to the tee....Heaven help him if he
didn't...LOL. She used to make pasties around Christmas time and freeze
them....then on days she baked and didn't have time to cook a big dinner she
would pop some pasties in the oven and serve with a salad...or home made
soup that she also had frozen. Those were the good ole days...LOL.