Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default Help with meatballs

In article > ,
"jacquie" > wrote:

> I love my big freezer. I also have a food vacuum that keeps food from being
> frostbit. I buy large quantities of meat and separate them into the bags
> vacuum and seal. That's one way to get meat at a cheaper price usually.
> Sometimes when there is a sale on meat I will buy a bunch and vacuum and
> seal. I would love to buy a quarter or side of grass fed beef ..but still
> looking for grass fed beef in my area When I make stew I always make to
> much...from the days when the kids were still home...so I freeze it ...same
> with chili . I don't know what I would do without my freezer

I buy grass-fed and have it shipped. Grass-fed beef from La Cense and
grass-fed buffalo from Buffalo Gal. I never buy beef at the supermarket
any more. Buffalo Gal also has fabulous "wild boar" which is really
free-range pig, I think, but only limited cuts. The best bacon I've
ever eaten, however, and the sausage is fab.

I probably eat less beef now, but the quality and flavor are
outstanding. If I had room in my freezer, I'd buy half a lamb from a
local farmer. I may still try to do that.

PP, T2