Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Help with meatballs

If you've been following my posts over the years, you'll see that I haven't
had much luck making meatballs from scratch. The turkey ones were like
rubber and the ones with the coconut flour tasted good, but broke into
pieces.

Now Angela will be taking back to back dance classes this year and on those
days I want something to make in the crockpot so our dinner will be ready
when I get home. I found this recipe:

http://www.geocities.com/webcipes2/app/a106.html

Now before you freak, I do not intend to make it with the chili sauce and
jelly. Not for me anyway... I would be more likely to do them in tomato
sauce.

But... It looks like the only thing they put in those meatballs is the meat
and the seasonings. Could this be? I always assumed the crumbs and eggs
were used as a binder. But perhaps they are used as a way of cheapening up
the dish? Has anyone here ever made meatballs with just meat? If so, were
they good in texture? Did they fall apart?

Thanks!