Posted to rec.food.cooking
MareCat MareCat is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

<sf> wrote in message ...

> Here's my opinion.... I wouldn't buy Lodge if it was handed to me on a
> silver platter because there are too many sycophants here for me to
> trust that brand. Logde wasn't a name I knew before I stumbled into
> this news group and it's not the only cast iron on the market... at
> least it wasn't when I was buying cast iron. Certain posters sound
> like little kid.... If it's not branded (and expensive), it's not any
> good. Pffft! Treat it right and it will outlast "you".

I never even heard of Lodge til I received the pot from my mom last year. I
couldn't care less about brand names or how much something costs. Definitely
*not* a label person. LOL. (My mom also gave me a nice set of Cuisinart pots
and pans last Christmas, but prior to that, almost all of my cookware was
no-name stuff.) If it works well, that's good enough for me (and I've been
very pleased with my Lodge pot).

Mary