Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Copper cookware

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
All this leading up to your oven testimonial.
Can you put it into words as to how it is better. I assume your oven
is electric?

No, it is gas, as was the old oven. The only difference is the Bertazzoni
has "European" convection. I don't know if European is any different than
American convection but is is far superior to the old Roper with no
convection.

Everything we cook in it comes out better. Chicken is juicier and has a
crispier skin. pork and beef roasts have that nice outer crust but are more
tender and jucier than in the past. We are also now cooking for shorter
times at higher temperature. Cakes take less time too. My wife found that
out the first time she used the oven and found the pound case that took 80
minutes in the past was well done at 60. Next time she took it out at 50.
Temperature is dead on according to a thermometer I put in there.

I bought the range for the more powerful burners, for the full cast iron
grid to make sliding pots easier, as well as the stylish looks. I expected
the oven to be like any other we've used. It was a very pleasant surpise.