Posted to alt.food.wine

Default FAQ Bourgogne, corrected for REALLY all diacriticals, and typos,slightly fleshed out ...

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> (Takes deep breath, finds inner centre of stillness, contemplates innermost
> being and counts to ten ...):

Thanks very much for putting this together. I just got back from
vacation, so here are my comments (FWTW):

> Bourgogne (aka Burgundy) as a wine making region is a long escarpment of
> Jurassic lime mixed with clay, stretching from Dijon in the north to
> northern Beaujolais in the south. Separated from it are the vineyards of
> Yonne, centered on Chablis. The escarpment is divided in separate subregions
> due to differences in soil and climate: From north to south Côte de Nuits
> and Côte de Beaune (together forming Côte d'Or), Côte Chalonnaise, and Côte
> Mconnaise.

How about a paragraph of touristic information? How far from Paris?
How does one reach there if not equipped with an auto (or should one not
even contemplate such a trip?) Where should one stay (geographically)
for a visit (Dijon? Beaune? pros/cons?)

> Varietals of primary importance are, for red wines Pinot Noir, for white
> Chardonnay; secondary varietals are Gamay for reds, and Aligoté for whites.
> Other varieties have local importance, such as, Sauvignon Blanc in St Bris,
> and Caesar in Irancy.

^^^^^^
Cesar, non?

Very nice precis, Nils. Bravo!