Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Copper cookware

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking of buying a good sauté pan. I've considered a few brands,
> but I also ran across copper pans. That got me thinking, copper is
> expensive, but is it truly the best? I don't mind spending a few bucks
> more for a once in a lifetime buy.
>
> Brands I've looked at on the web so far are Ruffoni, Mauviel, Bourgeat.
>
> Any thoughts? Suggestions? Tinned versus stainless?
> --
> Ed

Ed, curious about your post and future purchase, I decided to read a little
about copper pans.

Fantes (www.fantes.com) says this about tinned lined copper pans.

"Our tin lined pans are lined by hand, and will display some brush strokes
as a result. Lining by hand insures thicker coats of tin, that will last
much, much, much longer than pans that are electroplated."

Fantes must be referring to "Mauviel" copper pans, as that is the only
brand I see they cover.
So, if you decide on tinned vs. ss, Mauviel might be the answer for you.

However, since I am unknowledgeable regarding this, maybe most good copper
pans are all 'lined by hand." ??

Dee Dee