Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Chef Juke[_2_] Chef Juke[_2_] is offline

Default A friend's new toy...(Anybody else have one of these yet?)

A friend of mine who is a recent convert to the passion, the glory
that is real barbecue, (and who has been pestering me for the last two
months for advice on all things barbecue) finally decided on the
barbecue he wanted to buy.

I had loaned him my old WSM (which is now relegated to use when I am
travelling somewhere and want to cook as my Kamados do most of the
work around the house)

At any rate, after much hand-wringing and research he finally decided
on the smoker he wanted to get.

He just ordered a ProQ Excel 20 with a bunch of accessories

http://www.probbq.co.uk/Excel.html

Now, as I haven't been in the market for a new smoker, I haven't paid
all that much attention to any new stuff that's come along recently,
but this smoker seems to be the WSM equivalent to the Komodo-Kamado
line...in other words, someone came along, saw what one company was
doing, looked at the feedback and user requests for improvements and
then made their own version incorporating a lot of the things the
users wanted to see.

Anybody else seen or used one of these yet?

Impressions?

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats when they come to MY house!"
http://www.chefjuke.com