Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default A friend's new toy...(Anybody else have one of these yet?)

A friend of mine who is a recent convert to the passion, the glory
that is real barbecue, (and who has been pestering me for the last two
months for advice on all things barbecue) finally decided on the
barbecue he wanted to buy.

I had loaned him my old WSM (which is now relegated to use when I am
travelling somewhere and want to cook as my Kamados do most of the
work around the house)

At any rate, after much hand-wringing and research he finally decided
on the smoker he wanted to get.

He just ordered a ProQ Excel 20 with a bunch of accessories

http://www.probbq.co.uk/Excel.html

Now, as I haven't been in the market for a new smoker, I haven't paid
all that much attention to any new stuff that's come along recently,
but this smoker seems to be the WSM equivalent to the Komodo-Kamado
line...in other words, someone came along, saw what one company was
doing, looked at the feedback and user requests for improvements and
then made their own version incorporating a lot of the things the
users wanted to see.

Anybody else seen or used one of these yet?

Impressions?

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats when they come to MY house!"
http://www.chefjuke.com

Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 10, 7:56 am, Chef Juke wrote:
[...]

I don't have one yet but as soon as I find a dealer here in Toronto
I'll buy a stacker for my WSM.
http://www.probbq.co.uk/Stackers.html
Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke wrote:

http://www.probbq.co.uk/Excel.html

"65lbs cooking capacity (do up to 8 whole chickens at a time)."

8lb chickens?

And still not big enough to do a 14lb packer cut

-sw
Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I'm very impressionable but that's a pretty dang kewlish looking
cooker.

Who was it who used to post here with the ECB x 2?

TFM®

Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 10, 12:05*pm, TFM® wrote:
"Chef Juke" wrote in message

[...]

TFM®- Hide quoted text -

Matthew... forget his last name

Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Well, I'm very impressionable but that's a pretty dang kewlish looking
cooker.

Who was it who used to post here with the ECB x 2?

TFM®

Mathew from New England area.

Craig
Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"frohe" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 12:05 pm, TFM® wrote:

Who was it who used to post here with the ECB x 2?

TFM®- Hide quoted text -

Matthew... forget his last name

Was it Matthew Martin?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-Aug-2008, =?iso-8859-1?B?VEZNrg==?= wrote:

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
[...]

You be talking about the Mathew L. Martin. I believe he went on
to a WSM x2. Also he was renowned for his ability to pack
rediculous amounts of meat into his rig(s) at one time. Too bad
I lost my archive. I used to have pictures of all his rigs.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 11-08-2008, 01:45 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

"frohe" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 12:05 pm, TFM® wrote:

Who was it who used to post here with the ECB x 2?

TFM®- Hide quoted text -

Matthew... forget his last name

Was it Matthew Martin?

Hey TFM dude you don't drink on week ins daya?