Vashti

Default Yes, I might

It wasn't a dark and stormy night when katie wrote:

> i find flax oil to be a little bit nasty tasting. i use this
> 'ultimate oil blend' stuff called 'udo's oil.' it's got flax oil in
> it, but also sunflower and other stuff, apparently to give the proper
> omega ratio. i read somewhere that the ratio of omegas 3 to 6 is more
> important than just dosing with omega 3s. sounds like a good idea.
> anyhow, i find it tastes much more agreeable, although i always use it
> in stuff (like smoothies and salad dressing). my dad takes it
> straight on a spoon each morning. that man has a gullet of steel.
> ick.

I use it in salad dressing: with garlic, onion, herbs and some orange
juice to balance the nasty flavour of the oil it's great. I like it with
a salad of various leafy greens(especially the bitter ones).

I've tried to find other oils and even though my ex runs a health food
store he says he can't order anything else, not even vegetarian Omega 3
supplements but my guess is he's hardly trying though availability may
be different here in the Netherlands.

Of all things today I found I've a folic acid deficiency on top of the
inability to absorb B12 despite eating all all the foods that should
provide it so I think I need to add more stuff containing vitamin C.

Vashti