Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Barbara H Barbara H is offline

Default Almond crust that's not crumbly

I gave up trying to have a crust with cream or fruit filling that could be
sliced and lifted in tact to a desert plate. I now make my nut crust as
follows:

1/4 c. carbalose or carbquick (either works)
1/4 c. almond flour
2 Tbs. Splenda or equiv. A.S.
1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
2 or 3 Tbs. coconut oil

I put just enough of this mixture in the bottom of 6 or 7 oven safe custard
cups, press it down and bake at 350 for about 10 mins. Oddly enough, after
filling and chilling it seems to hold together quite nicely. Just can't get
it to do this in a 9" pie plate. Like I said, I give up. Please post again
if you figure this out.

Barbara H
Type 2, dx 7/06, metformin 1500, byetta 5x2, last A1c 5.9 (waiting for the
new one & dreading the number)