Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default How can I gain weight?

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> : Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> : > Thanks, Kate. Jun has one of those, which I could use. There are a bunch
> : > of
> : > 7 to 10 year old boys in the neighborhood, who treat me like something
> : > between one of them and an honored old man. I would disappoint them if I
> : > sat down in the middle of a walk. I don't care what the adults think.
> : >
>
> : lol
> : don't worry about the kids ! ! !
>
> : if you need to sit, you need to sit
>
> : having said that, i'm stubborn too, and i have been known to sit on
> : short fences on the route i walk
>
> : so far, no one has told me to get off their fence (whew)
>
> : --
> : kate
> : type 1 since 1987
> : www.diabetic-chat.org
> : www.diabetic-talk.org
> : http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/n...diagnosed.html
>
> I know every standpipe in my NYC neighborhood adn sit on them frequently.
> My sciatica doesn't let me go long distances. I used to be like both the
> tortoise and the hare, being very slow and stopping often. Now, with my
> new large grocery cart I am only like the hare, as pushing that thing
> angles me just right so I can kid of race down the streeet. I stil have to
> stop often.
>
> I really think tht those standpipes should be called sitpipes, s that is
> wha tthey are good for unless there is a fire adn then need the water:-)
>
> Wendy

I think there is a very specific kind of pleasure to be found in
stopping to sit on a fence or standpipe or low wall 2/3 to 3/4 of the
way through a walk. "Look what I've done!" "I have very little to go!"
"That breeze is lovely!" "I've done better than I thought I would!"

PP, T2