Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default How can I gain weight?

Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> Nicky wrote:
> > On 26 Jul 2008 05:59:39 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Started exercising today. Did six warmup routines and five arm
> >> exercises. Couldn't do all ten reps on the last two arms, but got 7 or
> >> 8. Tomorrow, waist and maybe abs, instead of arms. Next day, thighs.
> >> Then increasing the muscle groups worked at each session. I'm shooting
> >> for brisk walks in the next week or two and resistance training in the
> >> next month or two.

> > Nick, you wouldn't be the type to push yourself too hard, would you?
> > :P Do be careful. And GOOD FOR YOU!

> agreed, Nicky
>
> start at 10 to 15 min a DAY.............. increase that in 5 min steps
> every week until you are up to 1/2 hour of walking, then start working
> on your pace............. walk faster, and after a couple of weeks of
> that, start increasing your duration again
>
> it takes time to build up the distance/speed/stamina

Thanks, Kate. Right now, I can't do five minutes of slow walking, but I'm
working on it! I've gotta remember that as far as I walk, I've gotta walk
that far back. Can't sit on the stoop to rest. ;-D

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.