Posted to alt.food.wine
Agent Red Agent Red is offline

Default Mayo Family Winery 2005 Random Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

On Jul 23, 4:06*pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> Mike Tommasi wrote:
> > Michael Pronay wrote:

> >> Then count those (e.g. myself, based in Austria) whose mother
> >> tongue is not English. I didn't even understand a single word of Agent
> >> Red's postings.

> > The guy runs a web site on wine and is trying to get his ratings up,
> > even plugged his site.

> > AFW helped.

> > He should thank AFW.

> Here's another French chime in. *I find the secret agent stuff sophomoric
> and offensive in the international context. *Obviously the site and
> reviews are
> intended for an Americanocentric audience. *Though I like to see reviews
> of CA
> wines even when I can't get them, this stuff reads like pure salesmanship..
>
> Red, just give us the tasting notes -- the bad with the good -- and cut the
> rest of the chaff.
>
> -E

HI Emery,

We review dozens of wines each week to find only the best wines. We
are offered hundreds of wines each month and reject most. Thousands
of repeat customers love and trust our in-depth reviews. Of course,
to each his own. We all have personal taste and our members trust
ours.

As for posting reviews here, I will keep it to just the core tasting
notes as some of you have so kindly suggested.

- Agent Red