Frogleg

Default "natural flavor"

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:59:05 -0700, (Dan Abel) wrote:

>My sister is a vegetarian, and sometimes "natural flavor" is extracted
>from meat. Since you can't tell whether or not it is, she refuses to eat
>anything where the label lists "natural flavor".

This is apparently true. Many of the references I turned up Googling
on "natural flavor" came from vegetarian-interest sources. Given that
many food labels are now noting that the machinery used in manufacture
may have previously been in contact with nuts or dairy or meat, it may
soon be common practice for every packaged food to come with a 'safety
sheet' detailing even the most microscopic ingredients and
manufacturing details. And it's going to cost us all.