Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Using Cream Cheese for a supper entree

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:44:30 -0600, Gloria P >

>> I have a couple packages of cream cheese that I usually use for dips
>> or cheesecake, but do not plan to use them for that. I want to use
>> them for a main entree for something for supper,but cannot think of
>> anything. Any suggestions? Could you put it in lasanga instead of
>> cottage cheese? I will also search for cream cheese recipes.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tom

>In lasagne? I think it might melt too easily.
>
>You could use it in a quiche or savory cheesecake, or layer it in an
>omelet. On a baked potato. In a cream soup.
>
>You could make a sauce of it to serve over vegetables.
>
>I just had some spread on banana bread for breakfast. It's also
>terrific on zucchini or pumpkin bread.
>
>gloria p
>never met a cream cheese she didn't like

i like cream cheese well enough, but i seem to have a mental block
against cooking it. for example, crab rangoon sounds like a
spectacularly bad idea to me. or jalapeņo poppers filled with cream
cheese.

your pal,
blake