Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Using Cream Cheese for a supper entree

"tomba wrote:
> I have a couple packages of cream cheese that I usually use for dips
> or cheesecake, but do not plan to use them for that. I want to use
> them for a main entree for something for supper,but cannot think of
> anything. Any suggestions? Could you put it in lasanga instead of
> cottage cheese? I will also search for cream cheese recipes.

---= GOLDIE LOX =---

scrambled eggs with lox and cream cheese
Bon App�tit | September 1995

Called Goldie Lox at Sarabeth's restaurant in New York, this delicious
dish gets its name from the golden color of the eggs, which are
combined with the lox. There are pockets of cream cheese throughout
this savory mixture, the key to creating them is keeping the cheese
cold until it is folded into the eggs. Be sure to have plenty of
coffee and an assortment of teas on hand to complete the meal.

12 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1 8-ounce package well-chilled cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
6 ounces thinly sliced Nova Scotia smoked salmon or lox, cut into 1/2-
inch-wide strips

Chopped fresh chives (optional)

Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Melt butter in
large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs. Using wooden
spoon, stir until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in
cheese and salmon and stir just until eggs are set, about 1 minute.
Transfer eggs to platter. Sprinkle with chives, if desired, and serve.
---