C. James Strutz

Default alright, spill!

"katie" > wrote in message
ers.com...
> what's everyone's absolute, all-time FAVE vegan recipe(s)? if you

can post
> it without any copyright guilt, please do so!

I'd have to say that rice & beans are my favorite vegan staple. I made
this for dinner last night.

1 cup brown rice
2 cups vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 poblano pepper, chopped
1 can pinto beans, drained
salt, pepper, cayenne to taste
olive oil for sautéing

Sauté the onions and peppers until they begin to sweat. Add the garlic
and the rice and continue to sauté. Add the vegetable stock and the
beans, season. Reduce heat and cover until rice is done, about 40
minutes.

I make this different every time. Sometimes I'll put tomatoes in it,
or different kinds of beans, or different seasonings, etc. It's great
as a filling for tortillas too.