Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default My last three days

"Willy" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > "Willy" > wrote:
> >> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> []

> Don't EVEN get me thinking about Alfredo!!!!! LOL

Willy, it sounds like you're getting a handle on things. Keeping records,
making notes and testing, testing, testing. That's great!

There are essentially no carbs in Alfredo sauce. Where you have to exercise
portion control is with the pasta. For me, it seems like 1/2 cup of
spaghetti, Rigatoni, Fettucini, Linguini, etc. is about my limit. I've had
it with Alfredo, white clam, aglia olio and marinara sauces. I go light
with the marinara because there are carbs in tomatoes. But, as you're
discovering, everyone reacts somewhat differently to different foods. Keep
up the good work. I've had T2 since 1992 and I'm still struggling. ;-(

Take care.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.