Posted to alt.food.wine
PK[_2_] PK[_2_] is offline

Default 2 '07 German Rieslings, 05 Bdx, '05 Macon

"DaleW" > wrote in message
Betsy's mom got into NYC, in preparation for a "girl's trip" to DC
with Betsy, Betsy's sister, and niece. We had my mom-in law, sister in
law, and nephew over for dinner Saturday night. Started with a white
bean and garlic scape dip, along with the 2007 Loosen "Dr. L" Riesling
(Mosel). Lighter and lither than a couple recent vintages, this is
bright and an excellent value at under $10. Peach and golden apple, a
little hint of lime. Good length for an inexpensive QbA. I've
generally thought of Dr L as good for the money, but this is just good
without qualifier. B+/B. .

Ha! At last one that I know!

I have declared "DrL" our house white for the summer (£6.50 in Sainsbury for
UK based readers)

I agree with your note, but would add that is is perfect lunchtime wine,
bags of flavour and length but only 8.5% alcohol.

Apparently, the famed DrL uses declassified grapes from better vineyards for
this wine to keep down the volumes of the more expensive wines - hence its
outstanding quality for the modest price.

pk