Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default My last three days

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> Thurs
>>> BG before dinner 59
>>> Liverwurst & 2 eggs on buttered dark rye.
>>> One hour PP BG 79
>>>
>>> Fri
>>> BG before dinner 74
>>> 1/4 cup pinhead oats, liverwurst, Linburger, horseradish, 2 eggs
>>> One hour PP BG 98
>>>
>>> Sat
>>> BG before dinner 89
>>> 1/2 low carb bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion & tomato
>>> Two hour PP BG 129

>> Bagels and oats don't like you Actually many have found that rye
>> products work better bg-wise than oats and wheat.

> Thanks, Ozgirl. I went back and checked the numbers. 13 instances.
> Both raised my BG an average of 36.5 points. I'll have to check the
> pumpernickel and dark rye. Ok 1/8 cup of pinheads. 1/4 of a bagel.
> BLT on dark rye. Mmm!

Rye crackers are good for a snack or part of a meal as well if you like
them. I can get 100% rye crackers here and they don't spike me in
moderation. Just a bit of variety. I often have a large hand sized rye
cracker spread with a bit of mayo and cold, sliced, hard-boiled eggs for a
quick breakfast.