Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Speaking of the five-minute artisan bread book

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> I just took a lump of the artisan bread out of the fridge, let it rise,
> rolled it out, filled it with a butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture, coiled it
> in a pie plate, let it rise a bit more, brushed it with egg wash, then
> baked it.
>
> James says "This is one of the best things you've ever made me, and
> that's saying something."
>
> That makes the book worth the dollar I spent on it. ;-)
>
> Serene

How'd you fill it, Serene? I'm not tracking with " filled it with a
butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture, coiled it in a pie plate. . . ." Did you
roll it flat and spread the butter mixture and roll it like a jelly roll
before coiling it in the pie plate.

Sounds good. Thanks.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ