Posted to rec.food.cooking
stark stark is offline

Default >>>>> Gralic, peeled, Costco brand: How to keep it?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On Jun 15, 12:57 am, diogenes > wrote:
> Hi guys:
>
> Costco sells peeled garlic, which is a neat idea.
> The problem is that after a week in the refrigerator,
> it begins to stink and to rot.
>
> Is there a way to prolong its 'refrigerator life?'

That's a Costco problem. Quantity. Isn't there a Use By date on the
bottle? I think I spotted one and thought there was no way I could
meet it. Found lots of whole salted anchovies in a can labelled "keep
forever." Not so. Even fridged there's no way to keep salt and tin
from rusting. I believe "rust" is a recognized flavor in some wines,
but I don't like it.