Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Spin-off of Squeaks' Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

Waxing wistful for Mom's own words has me posing this to you:
If you were to hand write, say, five recipes for your kids to remember
you by, which would you include?

I'll go first.

A detailed recipe for making pirohy; a couple of fillings would be
included;

My bread and butter pickles with tips on how to efficiently wash them
and the correct thickness of the slice;

My cream cheese coffeecake with the notations about making six and
freezing them, and the story about one of its blue ribbons;

I suppose I'd have to include The Brownies;

Pot roast, including cut, prep, and what to do with the leftovers.

I think those are less a sign of the times than they are a sign of me.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Check my new ride: http://www.jamlady.eboard.com