MrFalafel

Default Vegan food in the Western Isles of Scotland?

"Fiona" > wrote in message >...
> Has anyone visited the Western Isles (Scotland)? I'm wondering what the
> chances are of being able to get dairy-free spreads, etc there when I'm on
> holiday. And eating out also?

Only have been on Isle Of Skye and around Ft William and that area.
Pretty rural. Don't expect much! Eating out will mostly likely consist
of jacket potato with baked beans and a side salad.

If I was going to tour that area, I'd get self-catering accomodations
and bring a bag of basic vegan fare with me to cook myself. The shops
will only carry fairly basic items. I did this when touring the
Orkneys and it worked out quite well. I did stumble on a restaurant or
two that served vegetarian meals but it was nice not having to depend
on them as I had loads of food back at the self-catering house.