Posted to alt.food.diabetic
ankalime ankalime is offline

Default Cheese enchiladas - Oy vey!

On May 16, 3:44*am, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> Just before dinner BG 68. Had three cheese enchiladas from Vallarta market,
> with a spicy green sauce, topped with sour cream. Tortilla chips, refried
> beans and rice on the side. Ate all the chips and beans, half of the rice.
> Should've only had half of the beans and skipped the rice. One hour PP BG
> 124. Two hour 165. Three hour 174. Four hour 197. Five hour 181. Talk about
> pizza effect!

Wow... 181 at 5 hr! Good golly!

Last night, we had chicken fajitas without the tortillas. I marinated
pounded chicken breasts in lime juice with some chili powder and cumin
(I would have added fresh cilantro, if I'd had any) and grilled them.
Well, okay, my husband did the grilling. The barbeque is his domain.
Woman no touch.

While he was doing that, I sliced up red bell peppers, onion, tomato,
and a couple of jalapenos. Put them in a very hot pan with a touch of
olive oil and some minced garlic until a little browned in places, but
not mushy. Squeezed some lime juice on that.

Served 1 chicken breast per adult cut into strips with veg and a tbsp
of sour cream on top, 1/3 c vegetarian refried beans on the side with
a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and jalapenos on the side. 2 hour pp =
105. And the kids liked it!

Cindy
Metformin/Byetta/Amaryl