Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default To Nils From OP Wine Suggestions Please ? (non-Merlot's)

Hello
I too visit Alsace on a regular basis, and I have discussed this with a few
professionals (Bruno Sorg in Eguisheim,Baur in Turckheim, a cavist in
Colmar) and I feel fairly convinced that, even though you are right about
there being more fruit, on the one hand it is getting increasingly dificult
to make a real dry Riesling (or any other varietal wine), some (as Sorg)
actively promote a higher degree of residual sugar. That said, I have also,
as you correctly point out, tasted a Riesling which gave the appearance of
being sweet-ish, while only having 3 g/L RS.

Cheers

Nils

. ..