Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Pancakes & bacon dinner

"Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
>> wrote:

>> > Uh, nope.
>> >
>> > You really must know the one hour number to know if it was a disaster
>> > or
>> > not.

>> One hour number, shown above, was 112.
>>
>> > If you want REALLY good syrup, buy a sugar free one from the
>> > supermarket, and order some natural maple extract from online if you
>> > can't find it in the store. Adding some maple extract to sf maple
>> > syrup
>> > makes it taste much more like the real thing.
>> >
>> > I don't think agave is going to give you good results, it's loaded with
>> > carbs.

>> 1 Tbs of agave contains 16 gms of carbs. GI 32.

> IIRC, 1 Tbs of genuine maple syrup is 13 grams of carb. Why not have
> the real thing if you're willing to ingest that many carbs?

Sometimes when I make pancakes for Angela (she only gets them maybe 2 or 3
times a year), I make miniscule, drop sized ones for myself, that I lightly
touch down in real maple syrup. The amount I eat in total doesn't even
amount to a good sized bite, but it does give me a taste of it. Of course
egg and gluten free pancakes leave much to be desired IMO.