Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Pancakes & bacon dinner

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: wrote:
: > Nick Cramer wrote:
: > > FBG 93. Had four rashers of bacon and three Carbquik? pancakes. Agave
: > > nectar hasn't arrived yet, so I made a 'syrup' by melting some butter
: > > and adding enough Splenda? to make it sweet enough. One hour PP BG 112.
: > > Two hour 116. Adequate. ;-)

: > Uh, nope.
: >
: > You really must know the one hour number to know if it was a disaster or
: > not.

: One hour number, shown above, was 112.

: > If you want REALLY good syrup, buy a sugar free one from the
: > supermarket, and order some natural maple extract from online if you
: > can't find it in the store. Adding some maple extract to sf maple syrup
: > makes it taste much more like the real thing.
: >
: > I don't think agave is going to give you good results, it's loaded with
: > carbs.

: 1 Tbs of agave contains 16 gms of carbs. GI 32.

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

whaa do ou thing 1 Tbs of sugar has? Acording to my Atkins carb counter,
1 tsp is 4.3 carbs, so I guess 1 Tbs would be 3 times tht, or 15 carb
grams.

Wendy