Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Quick Swiss Chard Supper revisited

On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:19:37 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>I start with a bunch of Swiss Chard. We like the multi-colored stuff. I
>then wash it and cut off the thick stems. They seem to be rather hard to
>digest. At least for me.

I like Jane Grigson's vegetable bible. She has two recipes for Swiss
chard; one for the green, leafy bits that sounds similar to yours, and
another for the stems. She suggests cutting them up and simmering them
in a milky sauce for 10-15 mins, when of course the leaves only need a
short time. I have served both to the family, and everyone liked the
meals, but I was the only one who liked the stems.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25