Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default ((( Taco Trucks Threatened in L.A. Sign Petition Now! )))

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:13:33 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>Because my law firm currently has 3 lawsuits pending in federal court
>against the *City* of LA, one of my self-appointed chores has been to
>monitor the city council's meeting minutes, both of the council at
>large and of a cherry picked few city council committees. It is
>utterly breathtaking to me what the city council seems to think is
>their God given duty to interfere in, regulate, tax, ignore...the
>latest one was an ordinance to require the spaying or neutering of
>pets over the age of 4 months. You can argue that that is a good
>thing, but it has just astonished me the amount of ink and time the
>city council has expended over this when the city has massive problems
>with gangs, the LAPD, illegal immigrants, taggers, a crumbling
>infrastructure...you name it. AFAICS, the taco trucks in southern
>California are as much a part of the character of SoCal as the
>symphony mural downtown on the 110 or the Grand Central Market on Hill
>St.

Why is this surprising when television journalists can't come up with
anything better than "gotcha" questions to candidates running for
president??? Ask about the BIG issues fellas. Talk about the
Elephant in the room.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first