Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default The 27-cent-a lb Chicken Leg Quarter Lives!

"blake murphy" wrote
>>"Sheldon" wrote

>>Rant deleted but you seriously need to check out energy star ratings for
>>modern units. Also the bags are 3cents each bought in bulk and go over
>>the
>>inner one so the outer one is reused (I keep them in a box in the freezer
>>and use them next as inner wrapper).

> it sometimes seems like all meat is a mystery to sheldon.

hehehe! Yeah, but he *does* have some good ideas sometimes. He's just not
aware (or doesnt desire) of how to properly store things so they are still
'good eats'.

I've seen lots of people who think the store thin 'saran wrap' is enough to
just dump something in a freezer with. Perhaps he's more used to that sort
of freezing so isnt aware the difference a vacumn sealed unit or a properly
sealed other sort of airtight (zip lock etc) container makes.