Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default The 27-cent-a lb Chicken Leg Quarter Lives!

"jmcquown" wrote

>> And pork has been so inexpensive lately (Chicawgo) that I don't have
>> to scrimp on lowly chicken legs in order to afford some nice chops or
>> a roast or whatever...
>>

> I've no idea why "cybercat" would post this just for me LOL I haven't
> bought chicken leg quarters in at least 20 years. Besides, chicken isn't

She's probably just trying to remind you of a favorite <g>.

> one of my favourite things. And yes, pork chops are relatively cheap.
> Pork steaks even moreso. A little Penzey's adobo on a grilled pork steak,
> heavenly

Sounds it! I use adobo on chicken in a boil. Then the flavored water/stock
gets recycled into other dishes. My pork gets marinaded and fast cooked on
a high heat in a cast iron pan for about 3 mins a side then turned off and
let 'rest'.