Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Reheating frozen pizza?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:02:05 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

>Kent > wrote:
>> When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
>> pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
>> overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
>> all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

>I've never frozen leftover pizza, the thought never occurred to me,
>but if I were to try it I think sealing the pizza well (like with
>a foodsaver or similar vacuum sealing system) before
>freezing and then thawing in the refrigerator would help prevent
>drying out. Maybe add a shallow bowl of water in the oven while
>re-heating, if the well sealed bit doesn't do the trick. These
>are tricks that work with frozen pastries.

I can't imagine how reheating frozen pizza would be a problem. Maybe
he should let it sit on the counter to thaw for a few minutes before
attempting to reheat.

: Turn the heat down . Don't pretend you're cooking
it from scratch... you're just reheating. If you're determined to
have a crispy crust, heat your cookie sheet in the oven while you're
bringing it up to temp (don't warp the pan).

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first