Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default Reheating frozen pizza?

Kent > wrote:
> When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
> pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
> overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
> all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

I've never frozen leftover pizza, the thought never occurred to me,
but if I were to try it I think sealing the pizza well (like with
a foodsaver or similar vacuum sealing system) before
freezing and then thawing in the refrigerator would help prevent
drying out. Maybe add a shallow bowl of water in the oven while
re-heating, if the well sealed bit doesn't do the trick. These
are tricks that work with frozen pastries.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.