Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default CSA, Community Supported Agriculture/Victory Garden

Serene Sprat wrote:

> Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. :-)

Last year we had the medium produce box plus an extra tomato share.
TOO MANY tomatoes, and I wasn't ready to start canning -- that was our
newlywed summer! ;-) This summer I am growing a few plants myself (I
was on my way out the door to pick them up till I saw this post).
Shopping for the right pressure canner as well. Suggestions on that
are always welcome.

Because we have access to so many farmer's markets, and the people
that we got our CSA from vend at our favorite, we are foregoing it
this year. While it's just like Christmas each time you pick the box
up (and Bob had scaled down from previous years) we still had a lot of
waste, and other things we got too much of (and weren't that crazy
about) on a very repetitive basis. Coincidentally, the owners of our
CSA called me about thirty minutes ago to confirm whether we are
joining or not and I had to tell her no, but I did reiterate that I go
to the market they are at every week and I have been buying from them
all along -- just the things we want and need though! I will miss some
of the exotic melons we were getting and I hope that I will find them
at the markets.

--Lin